We will be continuously updating our website on the status of COVID-19 here at Grandview to quickly communicate all new information with you. We want to assure you that we are following the CDC and DPH guidelines for Nursing Homes.
As COVID-19 continues to be an issue in nursing homes across Georgia and the United States, I wanted to make sure that we use all tools at our disposal to make sure you are aware of what is happening at Grandview. Moving forward, we will supplement mailed newsletters with Facebook posts as it has proven a very effective way to communicate vital details in a timely manner. To that end, here is where we stand with things related to the pandemic:
1. Grandview currently has zero cases of COVID and remains open for visitation by appointment.
2. Pickens County currently has a 6.6% positivity rate, which means that unvaccinated staff are required to be tested weekly – without exception.
3. All facility staff must wear surgical masks when in common areas or while providing patient care.
4. Any resident or staff member wishing to receive the vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson) may do so upon request – Administration will then coordinate with DPH to schedule an on-site vaccination clinic; all staff, residents and families are encouraged to receive the vaccination.
5. Vaccines are not mandatory at this time.
Please understand that circumstances have the potential to change rather rapidly, but as our primary goal is to keep your loved ones safe, we will communicate those changes as we learn them. Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Administrator, Grandview Health Care Center